Thursday, December 30, 2010
I got this from Amazon. (courtesy of Swag Bucks) I opened it today and steam mopped my kitchen. I am in swoon city! My floor is so clean! LOL. Then I changed attatchments and brought it to the bathroom to tackle the grout. It made a really loud noise and scared Lydia so I had to retract my "NO DVD PRIVILAGES FOR THE REST OF THE DAY" so that she would not come near me and get burned. Sigh. At least she was watching a potty training video!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
- I can not believe it is November 17th already!
- Got my Free birthday coffee from Dunkin Donuts yesterday. :) SoBe flip flops came in the mail too.
- We had to call maintnence because our AC wasn't working!
- 3 loads of laundry in the dryer
- I still haven't showered yet
- I stood up for the cashier at CVS to a nasty customer, because I know the employeee couldn't
- Church Tonight!
- Jody's surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. Pray that it all goes smoothly, and according to plan.
- Lydia will fold her hands and bow her head when you tell her to pray. She also says, "God". It makes me squeal with delight!
- Fred has 2.5 vacation days that he has to take before the end of the year.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Then, just as he was getting back on track after returning to work on October 1... We had another rush to the ER, turned out he had gall stones and went under the knife for the first time in his life. God provided for us all along!
Last week, I turned 36.
Today we went and enjoyed my Free Red Robin Birthday dinner, Got 3 free pairs of pearl earrings from Helzberg, got Lydia a dress from Old Navy with a Free Gift Card I'd gotten from MyPoints, and then I got a new pair of sneakers from Kohl's.
Jody (my sister) is scheduled for surgery next Tuesday to have a rod put in her broken femur. She MAY need to have more chemo treatments, but as of right now, we don't know.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
The swelling and pain returned Friday night into Saturday morning. On Sunday we added ibuprofin to the mix. It seems to have helped. We go to the MD tomorrow. Lydia was also sick Saturday, fever, cough, runny nose, general crankiness - it may be in correlation to her 2 year molars though, she seems to be doing better today.
The DVD player died! Pretty rough with two sick people and we don't have TV! When Fred is napping, I try to keep Lydia quiet and Veggietales seems to do the trick. Oh, well. We have youtube!
Praying Fred can return to work soon enough. Thankful that his comissions were released to him, and he got a bigger check than he was expecting. Generally we live paycheck to paycheck, and his salary is not very big. On the Short Term Disability he only gets 75% of his salary (which being in sales is not much). God has provided thus far!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Thursday he had some improvement and we went to Bible Institute. After 4 hours there, in the car on the way home he began complaining that the knee was hot, and the foot was swollen again. No sleep Thursday night. Friday morning we all dozed on the couch from about 9AM to 11AM then we called the Rheumetologist again. They were able to fit us in at 2:30. They did ultrasounds of his knee ankle and foot. Almost every joint in the foot was surrounded in fluid. They drew another substantial amount of Mountain Dew colored synovial fluid from his knee again, bumped up the prednisone, sent him for more lab work. He was advised to stay off it for the weekend.
He is getting discouraged, fearing never being the same again. Still waiting on the results of Wednesday's lab work.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
We went to CVS to fill his Lortab (and I was able to use a coupon for a Free $10 gift card with new or transferred prescription from Target - did you know CVS accepts competitors Pharmacy coupons? Now you do)
Sunday we stayed in in the AM, we went to church in the afternoon for Fred's Bible Institute, but he was in so much pain that we left before the evening service. Pain got worse, foot began to swell, knee too.
Monday follow up with ortho. Absolutely NO broken bones. They drew a significant amount of cloudy yellow synovial fluid from his knee, sent us to the hospital for blood work. Suspected gout. Got a script for an NSAID. Went to Target Pharmacy and just asked if they had any of those coupons hanging around, they did, so I got a $10 gift card there - used it to buy TP we needed.
Fred dozed on and off all day yesterday, and was on the couch from 2 PM to 10 AM today. He was finally able to bear a little weight on it and hobble to the bathroom. Dr. called, lab work came back. It isn't gout. Not sure what it is.
Fred and Lydia have been switching off every day with leftovers, yesterday he has spaghetti and she had salisbury steak, today he had salisbury steak and she had spaghetti.
I shipped out a package yesterday of 12 month clothes that I sold on ebay. I was bummed that I only got $7.99 for it, but it's more than I had! :)
Still earning Amazon GC's on Swagbucks and Irazoo and "buying" stuff we need. Thankful for the ability!
Hopefully Fred will be feeling well enough to make it to Bible Institute tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Listia is your answer. Bidding won't cost you one red cent! You bid using credits. Sign up here and get 50 credits! You'll also get points if you link to your Facebook account, and Twitter account. Periodically you will have a pop up saying, "Get 10 credits for sharing this auction on facebook" or "Get 3 credits for sharing this auction on twitter". Sometimes you'll earn credits just for bidding!
The points add up! People auction off all kinds of stuff! (I myself have not auctioned anything of much value) Just the other day I "auctioned" a winning SoBe lid code. I started bidding at 0 credits, it went to 116!
I've won Box Tops For Education, a Dunkin Donuts gift card with a small balance (I think it was $1.92, so I only had to pay 50 cents for a medium iced coffee), I've won codes for my coke rewards, and coupons for free items.
Anything you can find on ebay, you can find on Listia, and all you need to pay is shipping (sometimes not even that!) Many people offer free shipping! If you see something you really need, and you don't have enough credits, they are available to buy, but itsn't free better?
Use the Feedback ratings to help improve the community!
Listia recommends you use paypal to pay for shipping. Check it out!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
The SoBe Life Water are BACK on sale this week at CVS for Buy One Get One Free.
CVS policy is CVS pays for the one, and SoBe pays for the other, you simply pay tax. We've gotten a couple hundred of them. This is the third time they've been on sale B1G1 since the beginning of July!
Speaking of FREE, seriously, have you checked out Swagbucks ? WHY NOT? I've gotten hundreds of dollars of stuff FREE from Amazon via Swagbucks, including:
Seriously, Free shipping and all! Use Swagbucks instead of Google as your search engine. (it is powered by Google and Ask.com - you'll get decent results) and every so often you might win Swag Bucks - The premier digital dollar.
450 Swag Bucks will net you a $5 Amazon Gift Card and Many, Many Things on Amazon are offered with Free Super Saver Shipping when you spend over $25.
Only planning on spending 22? Don't want to lose out on the free shipping? Check out filleritem.com . Type in how much you need to spend, and it will pull up every item that Amazon offers at and near that price that offers Free Super Saver Shipping. It really is a Win-Win situation.
Sign up today!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
- Yesterday's mail had 6 coupons for a free 20 oz "sparkling" coke product I went to CVS and got them, because CVS is running a promo when you buy 9 cokes you get one free.
- Friday I had an envelope from Cracker Barrel that they are discontinuing their "Front Porch Friends" program, but they added $10 to my account.
- SoBe will be on sale again at CVS B1G1 starting Sunday so make sure you print out your B1G1 coupons from "Flip the Lid" to pay only tax. (We got 132 last week)
- Scan your CVS Extra Care Card when you go in to the store. There should be a coupon for $1 off 2 caliber stationary products. Caliber composition books are 3 for $2, and pens are 2 packs for $1 so you could either get pens for free, or composition books for cheap.
- I got 2 loaves of French Bread at Walmart for 90 cents so may use them for dinner, depending on how the hubby is feeling.
- Have you checked out Irazoo yet? I am not fond of the search results, but I've already cashed out for 5 FREE Amazon cards with them.
- Tomorrow is Freddie's birthday. I wish I had some extra cash to treat him to dinner (with my free $10 at Cracker Barrel) Regardless. God is GOOD!
Monday, July 26, 2010
- I won a SoBe track jacket last night
- CVS Deal on Pampers $21.99 for the box (84 count size 3) and then $10 Extra Care Bucks Back
- I just cashed out for another Free Amazon Card on irazoo yesterday
- Lydia went to the Dr last week she was 27 lbs 10 oz, and 31 3/4 inches
- My sister starts her chemo today and will be in the hospital for the next 16 weeks. Keep her in your prayers please.
- My brain has just been mush these past few weeks, everything seems surreal
Monday, July 19, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
FED EX was next at bat with a new power cord for my lap top from Dell (Thankfully it was NOT the motherboard) as well as a box to send my computer back to have the screen fixed.
USPS filled up the mailbox with
- Woman's Day Magazine (Free via Mercury Magazines)
- OK Magazine (I think from the same people)
- Coupon for FREE Suave Professionals Shampoo or Conditioner
- 3 envies of Box Tops for Education from Listia
Thursday, June 24, 2010
- Weight Watchers Magazine - Free 6 month subscription courtesy of Jolly Time Popcorn
- Free *erhm* unmentionables - From American Apparel (not to mention I will not wear it)
- 6 coupons for $2 off Pampers wipes (still on rollback at Walmart for $1.97. I am stocking up, and being paid to get them! I love it!
Battery on the computer was waning, I checked to see if everything was plugged in... Miss Lydia has a habit of unplugging the power cord from the computer, the power strip, or the wall. All were plugged in when I noticed the "battery pack looking thingy" on the AC Adaptor was not lit. Sigh.
Fred came home we went to the pool for about an hour and a half, then came home and ate dinner. Hamburger and rice. I put Lydia to bed and called Dell. I am still under Warranty so they are sending me a box to send back the computer. (I also have some broken pixels on the screen, so they will fix that too)
We are planning a trip North (NY/NJ) in August to visit Freinds and Family. Fred got 2 weeks off, if anyone wants us to stop by, just give a shout! lol
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
- Went to bed
- woke up
- came back and talked more
- back to church for her graduation
- came home
- stayed up talking til the wee hours again
- woke up
- headed down to the beach (before the oil got here)
- Back to the airport for her to catch her flight back to her hubby and girls in Colorado
They left on the 17th, and that night my husband asked if I wanted to go to Ocala to surprise my parents. Their anniversry was the 18th (44 years) so we crashed that party. lol
Went to the airport with them on Saturday to drop Becky off to fly back to NJ. Came back to my parents, went swimming, Got very little sleep (Lydia is teething - my 17 month ond now has 16 teeth) woke up Sunday, (Father's day - got to spend some of it with my Daddy) Came home. (Had Fred's car) Yesterday my battery was dead!!! GAAAAA!
Few mailbox goodies: Pampers wipes $2 off coupons (still on roll back at Walmart for $1.97); Some Box Tops from Listia; Rest of My Amazon Order.
What's been going on with y'all?
Friday, June 11, 2010
No mail for me today! Boo!
Not feeling the love Mr. Postman!
I did get two new referrals on Swagbucks though this week. (lets hope they are active!)
My friend Renee is flying in tomorrow at 11PM, (I know her from Xanga - we've been "friends" nearly 5 years) She is graduating from Bible College on Sunday, and flying back home at Noon on Monday, It will be super exciting to meet her in person though!
Then, my sister Becky flew in to Ocala (where my parents live) today and they will be coming on Thursday! So excited!
I DID use my Starbucks giftcard today and treated myself to a caramel frappuchino. (hey, I DID have caffeine today... hmmm wonder why the awful headache then) Oh well.
Lydia learned to drink from a straw today, too cute!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
On Twitter yesterday I won a Nursery Water reusable bag, and today on twitter I won Quaker Blueberry Pomegranate Fiber Crisps. Can't wait to try them out. Maybe something good will come in today's mail!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- OK Magazine
- American Baby Magazine
- 5 $2 Off 60 count or larger Pampers Wipes Coupons That I traded for (regularly $2.37 at Walmart)
- a $10 Starbucks Gift Card that I cashed in for using Pampers Gifts to Grow Points
What goodies did you get today?
Hoping to go swimming today, today is the one year anniversary of Lydia's first time in the pool. :)
I just won 73 points on iRazoo for searching, "Bailey's non alcoholic coffee creamer" I got a coupon to try it free in the mail, so I am enjoying my caramel flavoured coffee this AM. Check out iRazoo. Similar to swagbucks. I am more than halfway to my next free Amazon card!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
My parents came on Wednesday for a visit they left this AM. Nice visit, but every time they leave it is sad. :(
My friend Jennifer (who I "met" via a different blog) is an avid shopper at Alice.com She was given $10 gift cards to share with new customers. I was lucky enough to get one. They offer free shipping of household products for every room, including the kitchen and pantry! I was able to get a few things I needed. I believe the only caveat is you need to order at least 6 items. I did so, and got some stuff I needed.
Today in the mail I got 41 Box Tops for Education that I won from Listia, and a Free Revlon lipstick from Walgreens.
Hoping to get 2 chairs someone offered on freecycle as another one of ours bit the dust today. (Grrr)
Saturday, May 29, 2010
In the mail since Thursday (in no particular order since I can't remember)
- I received a HUGE blessing from a friend who send me gift certificates to a grocery store! We only spent a fraction, but it has been MONTHS since there has been so much food in our freezer! I was truly touched Liz by your generosity!
- 37 Box Tops For Education that I won from Listia
- 5 Reusable Grocery Bags from Jolly Time. The "cost" was 3 UPC's each. I mailed 15 UPC's in 1 envelope and it only cost 44 cents to mail. The BEST part was those UPC's were given to me, so I didn't even have to pay for the popcorn. (didn't get to eat the popcorn either, but that's okay)
Have to figure out what we're going to do about the car. Doesn't that ALWAYS happen? Once the car gets paid off it starts giving you trouble. The guy at Pep Boys told me one of my fans was out. So we've been using Fred's car since yesterday. Lydia loves it becasue she can feel the AC in the back seat in his car! lol
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Monday's mail brought me:
- some box tops for education I won in a Listia Auction
- OK magazine
- A coupon for a FREE half gallon of Hood Smart Start Milk
- A coupon for a FREE non alcoholic Baileys coffee creamer
Tuesday netted me:
- My FREE 24 pc set of Rubbermaid from Amazon via Swagbucks
- My FREE 10 pc set of Pyrex from Amazon via Swagbucks
- Vogue Magazine (still trying to figure out how I got that one)
If you're not using swagbucks yet, what is stopping you? I've got my mother doing it, one of my sisters and several of my friends. It REALLY does work. Click on the above link, sign up, and use swagbucks in place of your favorite search engine (even just a few times a day) - you just may win!
Today I got:
- My FREE reusable grocery bag from Earthbound Farms
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
- 39 BTFE that I won from Listia
- a coupon for $1.00 of Banquet Family Sized Entrees
- My Free Neil Med Neti Pot
I also won a $5 Amazon Card from a Giveaway that TattooAstronomy hosted last night. It went right into my account toward a new pair of shoes for Lydia.
On the way to Walmart I stopped and used my $1.57 balance on my DD card to get a medium iced coffee (cost me less than 50 cents)
Went to Walmart, picked up a prescription (that I am supposed to take Daily, but haven't filled since January) - Thanks to a secret pal
Got a Banquet entree (regularly $2.28) used my coupon got it for $1.28. I don't usually care for the quality of Banquets meat, but beggars can't be choosers. I have a 5 lb bag of rice and some mixed veggies in the freezer. It should get us at least a couple of meals.
Fred's compensation plan at work just changed too. So.... Sigh.... We MAY be able to qualify for WIC again, so at least Lydia can eat well. I hate that she doesn't get fruit and veggies every day. She at least gets juice on the days that she doesn't get fruit, but still.
I earned $2.45 on points4rewards in the past few days. Sure miss those paid emails, nearly $2 a day!
How was your day? Any goodies in your mailbox?
Thursday, May 20, 2010
- an issue of Parenting early years
- Dunkin Donuts gift card with $1.57 balance that I won on Listia (Hey free cuppa joe)
Do you know about Listia? I just stared a few weeks ago, and I am hooked. You Auction your stuff off for free, and you bid on stuff for free. You get points for signing up, and points for logging in, sharing auctions on Twitter, Facebook, bidding, inviting friends (hint hint)
So far I have only bid on things that offer free shipping, but otherwise the buyer pays shipping (preferably through paypal)
I've gotten several My Coke rewards codes (which were subsequently emailed to me) and My DD card, and I'm waiting on some boxtops for education. People put all kinds of things up though. DVD's, Clothes, Accesories.... Check it out.
I have auctioned off Dr. Pepper codes and Huggies Enjoy the Ride Code, and currently have some Jolly Time UPC's up. Check it out! (click on one of my links above please)
Oh, and I also used my coupon for a free Coke Product that I got by "liking" Murphy USA on Facebook.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Today in the mail I got my Kraft Box with:
- 4 packages of sundried tomato basil wheat thins
- 3 packets of Vanilla Caramel International Coffee cafe mix
- 1 coupon for a FREE Oscar Meyer lunch meat
- 1 coupon for FREE Kraft Cheesy Explosion Macaroni and Cheese
- A rebate form for $10 when you buy $30 worth of Kraft Products
My refund Check from McNeil for my Childrens Zyrtec came too!
AND my Pampers Pull Ups Sample (still a bit early)
Has anyone else NOT received their FREE pretzel m&m's yet?
I had $25 worth of Amazon Cards in my Swagbucks account So I ordered a 10 pc pyrex storage (and cooking) set, and a 24 pc rubbermaid storage set. I've gotten several things for the house and for Lydia COMPLETELY FREE just by using swagbucks instead of google as my search engine. If you're not using it, please sign up using the above link. It REALLY does work!!!!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Saturday, May 8, 2010
- Taster's choice instant coffee stick packs (meh)
- Splenda packets (use them)
- Aveeno positively ageless Firming body lotion (I'll let you know if it is a miracle worker)
- Secret Clinical Strength waterproof deodorant
- McCormic Grill Mates Montreal Steak Marinade
- BenGay Moist Heat Therapy pack
- Aveeno Nourish+ Shampoo and Conditioner
- Shower to Shower Sport powder, ans Shimmer Effects Powder
- and... a Dove Chocolate Peanut Butter.... thing.... It was supposed to be a BAR. But it was completely liquid. I was going to toss it. Fred said to put it in the freezer. I did, and he ate it when it was hard enough. haha
- had a girls day with my pal Jeani. We printed out coupons from Lane Bryant and went and got our free Camisoles (retail value $19.50)
- Hung out and talked and spent some time in the pool
- Picked up my FREE 8x10 Collage photo for Mommy from Walgreens
- The Mugs we ordered from snapfish arrived (used a free shipping code, and since I signed Fred up we got 50 free 4x6 prints and a FREE 8x10) Fred's Mom doesn't have a computer so we have to mail out pics of Lydia for her.
- Free John Frieda Shampoo and Conditoner Samples in the mail
- My BzzAgent Cover Girl Campaign packet arrived! Free Lip Shine and Eye Shadow Blast, Honestly, not too impressed with it. :( As pale as I am the colors barely even show up on me!
- We had a coupon for $10 off $10 at J.C. Penney so Fred got himself a new green dress shirt and tie (came to $10.xx)
Tomorrow is Mother's day and we get to go to Church!
Monday, May 3, 2010
I had a $10 Kohl's Cash coupon (Thanks Mom!) So I went and got Lydia some clearance T shirts as she is growing out of some of her 18 month clothes already!
Freebies in the Mail:
- Gillete ProGlide Fusion Razor (along with some coupons)
- Plackers (by Grind no more) disposable night time mouth guard
- Ok Magazine? (Don't know how I got this one, I know I had signed up for Weight Watchers and recieved Vogue, so I don't know where this came from)
I think I heard about most of these offers from Deal Wise Mommy go check her out, tell her I sent you!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Have you checked out iRazoo yet? similar to Swag Bucks in that it is a search engine, completely different in that you can NOT oversearch, the awards are higher (but so are the prizes), and when they have "treasure codes" you are free to post them anyhwhere! They have a Facebook page, and a twitter feed. They seem to be working on improving things, but I HAVE already cashed in for a $5 Amazon Card and received it, and am well on my way to my next one.
Their search results leave much to be desired, but honestly? I'm just looking to get points. I just searched a random phrase and won 60 points. If you're not signed up, try it!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Today I got my free Wink photo strip from Shutterfly. It is simply beautiful! Great clarity, and glossiness! I am using it as a bookmark in my bible.
I got from UPS or Fed Ex (I can't remember how bad is that?) 2 boxes of Quaker Hazelnut Latte Oatmeal and 1 full size bag of Quaker Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper Rice Cakes that I got from a Giveaway on twitter from QuakerTalk. Yeah!
Other than that it was a slow mail day. I DID make it to my local bread outlet (for the first time since we moved here nearly 8 months ago) They had some good prices and I will certainly be going back.
I had lunch with two friends that we used to go to church with that I haven't seen since January so it was nice.
How was your mail day today?
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
My parents came into town on Wednesday, and their hotel is right near one of the CVS's. They stopped on Thursday AM on their way over and scanned my Dad's card and got the coupons. (Mom left her card home) We went to CVS I scanned Fred's and my card and got the same coupons again. We did it each day and today (end of sale) ended up with 22 Free rolls of TP, 3 Free trial size cocoa butter lotions, 3 Free cocoa butter sticks and 3 full sized bottles of CVS body wash that we paid 99 cents each for.
I also got in the mail my coupon for Free Sunchips and a coupon for Free Beech Nut Let's Grow product. (Lydia loves the yogurt nibblers) We used that coupon at Walmart yesterday and some of the Beech Nut products were on roll back. The Banana cookies were $1.35. I had a coupon also for $1.00 off so I got those for 35 cents. I cashed out over $6 to paypal from P4R and Youdata. I am waiting on 3 of my 4 $5 Amazon Gift Cards from Swagbucks and 1 $5 Amazon Card from Irazoo as well as a $5 Paypal GC I ordered from swagbucks last month when they were on sale. I've also earned 77 cents this week from beruby. When you have $10 you can cash out to paypal. If you're not a member of these sites already please click above if you're interested in joining. Those have my referral links. Any questions you might have on how the programs work, feel free to ask!
Friday, April 9, 2010
My Kmart was doubling coupons this week. It ends tomorrow, and I didn't really thing about it. Doubling up to and INCLUDING $2 off! I had a coupon for $1 Delmonte Fruit Chillers (The real fruit you freeze) I ended up getting it for 79 cents. I had a coupon for Huggies Wipes 75 cents off, got them for $1.29 and I had (SEVERAL - but only used) one coupon for $2 off when you buy one 20 oz diet coke and a planters product. I got a lb jar of dry roasted peanuts for free. I still had to pay for the soda, but oh well.
TODAY ONLY Get a Free 8x10 at Walgreens! Use coupon code BIG8X10. I actually forgot that I ordered it! When Lydia wakes from her nap we will go up to the laundry and throw in a load and go get my free 8X10. It is a photo I want to frame and hang in my bathroom. Now I just need to find a cheap frame. :)
I got a new referral on youdata. I haven't had any clicks lately, but I log on every couple of days to check anyway and I saw I had 13 cents in my referral balance, so thanks to Sebastio12!
However as fas as earning on the internet, Points4rewards has been pretty decent lately. Mind you, you will NOT get rich, but I am a SAHM just trying to subsidize a date night or two with my husband, or a pack of diapers. I've been cashing out a minimum of $1 a day to paypal for the past several weeks just by signing up for the daily email clicks. I don't do any of the special offers, and hey if it gets me a tank of gas or soup salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden, it's okay in my book!
If you are not signed up for any of these programs, please click on the links in the emails. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. If I do not know the answer, I will do my best to find it out for you!
Monday, April 5, 2010
However I have been reading a few blogs lately:
coupon chix and I Heart Publix
Coupon Chix is written by Lindelon who lives in a town neighboring Pensacola, I heard her on the local talk radio station one morning, she teaches a "coupon 411" class. Her blog includes the weekly sales matched with coupons for local grocery stores (Winn Dixie, Publix and Food World) As well as CVS, Walgreens, and This week K-mart is doubling coupons!
I don't know much about the author of I Heart Publix, but I know she loves Publix!
I've been trying to feed a family of 3 on $50 a week. I have not had any sort of "stockpile" since we Lived in NYC which has been pretty discouraging.
Here is what I accomplished today. (Thanks to hooking up my printer)
I am from NJ where every store doubles coupons up to and including 99 cents every day, and usually there are a couple weeks a year that they triple. I lived in NYC for 4 years, same thing there. I moved to SW GA in February of 2008 and I was in for the shock of my life. I couldn't adjust. I was used to sales starting on Sunday. I never got the hang of it. Last night I was planning my shopping. (The LORD blessed us with a little girl in January of 09) and since then my cabinets have virtually been bare. My husband is in a commission only sales job and I have been attempting to shop for a family of 3 on $50 a week, 2 weeks at a time.
I decided to make a list. If it wasn't on the list, I couldn't buy it
I was checking out oupon chix last night and saw that Jimmy Dean sausage (rolls) at Winn Dixie were 2 for $5. I was able to print out 2 $1 off coupons from Facebook. I stopped there this morning on the way home from the pediatrician. When Lydia went down for her nap, I checked her blog again, she still didn't have Publix up, but I took the bull by the hotns.
My husband (Fred) LOVES Lucky Charms, I don't buy them ~ too exensive. Well, Here is what I got:
Lucky Charms BOGO at Publix this Week and I printed off 2 - 55 cent off coupons.
Hamburger Helper 10 for $10 I printed out 2 coupons for $.75 off 3 ( I bought 6)
Motts Apple Juice BOGO
Keebler Town House Crackers BOGO
Aunt Jemima Frozen Breakfast Entrees 10 for $10 (I got 4) My husband goes through a drive thru almost every morning on the way to the office, I asked him to try these (especially at that price)
Jolly Time Microwave Popcorn 10 for $10 (my fave) (I got 3, with the UPC's from 3 you can send off for a reusable grocery bag)
Campbells Soups 10 for $10 (I got 4)
Green Beans 99 cents a lb
Pepperidge Farms Goldfish (a must with a toddler) 10 for $10 I got 3
Bags of Hearts of Romaine 2 for 4
White Seedless Grapes $1.69 lb
I saved $40.09 I SPENT $37.49!
I did then go to walmart and pick up some things I know are less expensive there. (I was even able to buy two boxes of brownie mix shhh)
A few tips:
- If you use mypoints, print out your coupons through their site powered by (coupons.com and smart source) you earn mypoints for using them
- The Lucky Charms have Box Tops for Education on them; the Hamburger Helper had 1 (plus 3 bonus ones on each box)
- The 4 Betty Crocker Mashed Potato Pouches I got at walmart (68 cents with an internet printed 40 cent off coupon through mypoints) also do.
- If your child is homeschooled, or their school does not participate, and you have no need for these boxtops for education. YOU CAN SELL THEM ON EBAY! I don't know WHY but people clamor to get them, and you can get close to the face value on them! (they are also on my Kotex, and the Scott Toilet Tissue we use)
How did you save money this week? Do you use internet coupons?
Monday, March 29, 2010
- my $10 Cracker Barrel Gift Card from mypoints
- a coupon for a free AXE detailer. The commercial was somewhat risque, I earned Swagbucks for watching it, and it is a shower gel scrubby for men
Just after midnight I cashed out for a FREE $5 Amazon Gift Card from Crown GPT
And $1.09 to Paypal from Points4rewards
I also joined another "search and win" site iRazoo (Swagbucks is still my number one fave) however on iRazoo you can NOT oversearch so there is no fear of being deactivated. When you search you may get a pop up saying you won 75 points. MAKE SURE YOU SCROLL DOWN TO ENTER THE CAPTCHA!!!! I lost 75 points on Saturday. Whoops. My friend who referred me says she searches in the AM til she wins, and then logs back on in the evening and searches until she wins. The night she referred me I saw her on the recent winners list that she had won a $5 Amazon Card. She had no clue! LOL SO it's not just points, you can win prizes too.
Winn Dixie has 64 oz bottles of Juicy Juice, Buy One Get One Free. There is a $1 Printable Coupon, so we got 1 bottle of apple juice, and one bottle of grape juice for $2.48. Cool.
Do you subscribe to Deal Wise Mommy? I began following her on FB a couple weeks back and she has great freebies and giveaways. Her blog is a great resource to avail yourself. Check her out. Tell her I sent you!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Lydia's pedidped shoes that I ordered from Amazon (FOR FREE - via Swagbucks) are on their way. I already got my micro SD card to put in my phone (also free from Amazon with the cards I earned from Swagbucks) If you're not doing swagbucks, may I ask why? If you're thinking about it, sign up here. I will answer any questions I can, and If I don't know the answer, I will direct you to someone who does.
Happy hunting today! Any bargains lately? Got a sweet tooth? Walgreens has most single packs of m&m mars candies for 49 cents this week! (m&m's, twix, milky way, skittles, starburst...) I have yet to take advantage of it, but I have a $3 Register reward burning a hole in my pocket and that time of the month is approaching. I might need to buy them for an emergency. lol
Monday, March 22, 2010
I got close to $50 in Amazon Cards from Swagbucks
A coupon for a free Jar of Pace Salsa
A bunch of coupons for Free Nestle Crunch Bars
A $10 Cracker Barrel gift card from mypoints
my free uniball super pen......
I guess my challenge failed. sorry guys.
I've been doing points4rewards it seems Crown GPT crashed and burned. P4R is similar. I've been earning about $2 a day which will go toward the credit cards I have. Kohl's is paid off, I still have Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Visa. If I send Visa my minimum payment, it will take 24 years to pay off. If I send them $23 more a month, I can pay it off in 3 years. Problem is, I don't even earn the minimum payment. Somehow I manage to scrape it together (barely).
Monday, February 1, 2010
February 1, I also snagged a $5 Amazon GC from Swagbucks.
February 3, I cashed out for a $5 Amazon GC from Crown GPT.
February 5, I recieved not one but TWO coupons in the mail for FREE Golden Double Stuffed Oreos! MMMM
I am thisclose to ordering my new set of dishes (for free) from Amazon via crown and swagbucks. Sign up if you're not already a member! (please use my links in this post)
Oh! Also search for Louisiana Gold on Facebook, become a fan and if the Saints win the Superbowl, you'll get a coupon for a free bottle of Louisiana Gold Hot Sauce!
Also on Facebook become a fan of Incredible Edible Egg and get a coupon for Buy one dozen get one dozen eggs FREE!
February 12th, I cashed out for $7.89 from Crown GPT
February 13th, I ordered another $5 Amazon Gift Card Thru Swagbucks (I ordered my plates yesterday and they were already shipped)
February 18th, I ordered another $5 Amazon Gift Card Thru Swagbucks
February 18th, I got my first of many coupons for a Free Nestle Crunch Bar from the Nestle Crunch Challenge on Facebook!
Edit, today February 5th I cashed out another 45 Swagbucks for a $5 Amazon Card. When they are posted to the account on the 16th, I will be able to order my FREE set of dishes with FREE shipping! Thanks Swagbucks!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I decided to start a list of all the things I've gotten for free this year: (not counting Freecycle)January, 2010
- A Nursery Humidifier; 30 Minute Shred DVD, and a Book (from Amazon via Swagbucks)
- A Coupon in the mail for a FREE Starbucks Perfect Oatmeal (For registering my giftcard at starbucks.com
- Coupon for a Free bag of Stacy's Pita Chips for becoming a Fan on Facebook
- $11.11 to paypal in 10 days from Crown GPT (so far) SIGN UP <------ If you're not already a member!!!
- 2 FREE movie tickets from mycoke.com (a $24 value)
- $5.36 to paypal from Crown GPT
- $10 rebate from Kellogg's for their "Holiday Toy Cash" promotion
- 2 FREE movie tickets from mycoke.com
- $100 in Merchandise from Live Nation via mycoke.com Not too shabby.
I know I've got a few things coming for February already.... If you haven't joined Crown GPT or Swagbucks yet, do so! I assure you they are legit, and they work!