Friday, May 27, 2011

embarrassing, but true

Lydia has lice.  I found the first one on Tuesday.  We bought the RID (which scared me) and did a treatment.  On Wednesday we went to the pediatrician to confirm what I had suspected.  He checked me too and said I was clear.  However Lydia still had live lice.  He recommended I slather her head with Cetaphil and blow dry it on and leave it on overnight and wash it out in the morning.  So, we did.  I've been combing her hair 5-6 times a day and scratching my own.  (psychosomatically?)

Sigh.  Then today after my shower I found one.  I am 36 years old.  I have 3 sisters.  None of us have ever had lice.  This is our first experience with them.  Tips would be appreciated!  I'm going crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard blow drying daily and also using hair product (like hairspray or mousse) helps keep them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get all her bedding and stuffed animals and put them in the dryer on hot. Your bedding too now, I suppose. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete