Sunday, October 25, 2009

I like diet coke. A few years ago, Coca Cola began running a rewards program, "My Coke Rewards" for every 20 oz bottle or 2 liter bottle you bought there was a code worth 3 points in the lid, and for every 12 pack, there was a code for 10 points. I worked outside the home at the time and usually bought 3 diet cokes throughout the day at work and each week I would see where 12 packs were on sale and we would buy them. The points quickly added up.



I began to scour the recycling bins everytime I went into the break room, and a few people would give me their lids. A "mild" obsession ensued. First I would cash in 100 points for a coupon for a free 12 pack, then I realized I could get more "bang for my buck" and for less than 200 points I could get a 12 month magazine subscription. For 3 years in a row my mother, and 3 sisters got a magazine subscription from me, and last year (since I was expecting) I got myself a subscription to Parents magazine.



Well, here we are in FL now, and $$ is tight. I have 2 skillets, but one is on it's (porverbial) last legs. I've been saving my coke points since November and I had 835. I was just scanning the coke rewards site and saw that I could redeem 1300 points for a 3 pc Farberware skillet set. So, I made it my mission to do so.

Most women would be thrilled if hubby came home with flowers or jewelry or even candy. I was tickled when Fred came home with a lid for me. Ha ha

We had a friend staying with us for about 6 weeks and he got in on it too, he would go to toss stuff in the dumpster and if there was a coke product near the top he would grab it for me. (I found out that the 24 packs offered 20 points. I put out an APB on Facebook asking for codes that friends would just be throwing out otherwise. In less than a month I had earned the 465 points I needed to get my pans. (Now I just have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. But I'll have some trusty new pans!

I'll say it again, if anyone has any coke codes that they don't plan to use, send them my way. I'll gladly use them! (My account balance is down in the single digits right now)

1 comment: